zondag 12 oktober 2008

Rendertest


Working on my first 3D character showreel at the moment and trying to figure out all these render settings like Ambient Occlusion, Final Gather, Global Illuminatio and also trying to understand Subsurface scattering. Lots' of technical stuff to cover and it almost drove me crazy that I was not able to render out some decent pictures.

This weekend I finally made some progress and was able to create some renders that are a good starting point. In the above picture your can compare a playblast with a rendered version. Just a little more tweaking and I can render out my first short this week for my reel. Of course it's not necessary to render out your shots but a nice render will just add that extra appeal to your reel. Now only some hair and some clothes :-)

1 opmerking:

Henk zei

Hi Joost,

A trick I use. create a light, put it inside the mouth with -1 intensity. This makes it look like there are really advanced shadows in the mouth. (real faces have pretty dark insides of the mouths)

(make sure you have raytracing or shadowmaps on)

Really like your renders, especially the washing machine is stunning.