dinsdag 23 september 2008

Acting, eyes and expressions


After visiting Kevin Koch's blog about blinking where he showed a video with a part of an old acting class of Michal Cain explaining about blinking, I was eager to see the rest of that class too. 

This class is full of acting tips that are also extremely helpful for animators to create genuine animation. It made me realize even more what you can do with subtle movements and expressions in the face and how hard it is to create that real genuine expressions so that the audience will forget that they are watching an actor in a movie. It's the same thing an animator is striving for. Making the audience believe that they are watching a real living being with real genuine emotions. So hard to do, but so rewarding.

While watching that Michal Cain class there where moments when he acted out a scene where I forgot I was watching him and was totally into the scene because of his genuine performance. It made me realize that i wanna learn a whole lot more about this acting stuff.

Enjoy the class. There are 6 separate parts on Youtube. Just let me know if you have found some more of these on the web.



Geen opmerkingen: